compensation: Generous compensation plan employment type: employee's choice telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
A 27 year old family-oriented, tax firm is seeking an experienced tax associate with 3-5 years of tax preparation experience to join our public accounting team. As an experienced tax associate you will be responsible for preparing small business tax returns, including S corporations, C Corporation, and partnership tax returns and complex individual tax returns. You will also have the opportunity to identify and research tax issues and communicate with clients to gather information and to discuss tax planning ideas.
- Preparation of annual tax returns for individuals, S corporations, partnerships, corporations and trusts in a variety of industries
- Communicate with clients to gather information, to relay progress of job and notify of completion of job
- Work with partners on tax related projects, projections and planning
- Communicate with partners and clients any tax planning ideas
- Perform supervised tax research projects
- Review client financial statements for tax and accounting issues
- Availability to work on bookkeeping and payroll projects on an as needed basis
- Associates degree, Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in accounting
- EA's preferred but not required
- 3-5 years of tax preparation experience, especially entity tax returns for S corporations and partnerships
- Fundamental knowledge of accounting and the relationship between accounts and financial statements
- Working knowledge of entities - Corporations, S corporations, partnerships and sole proprietorships
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently and efficiently
- Excellent with Excel, and Quick Books, knowledge of Drake software will be helpful.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers